Saturday 10 December 2011

No Better, No Worse

Fridays P&L: GBP 250.00

Fridays Booze: 4 Pints of Aspinall's Cider, 1 bottle of Rioja

Fridays Soundtrack: Music to avoid the daily problems to

So Cameron displayed some Spine and stood up to the Merkel/Sarkozy Euro dream. Actually it was inevitable, there was really no way he was going to allow the Euro mafia to impose the financial transaction tax on London. As the busiest stock market, foreign exchange market and derivatives market in the world, (despite what New York says - you stick to selling municipal bonds to pension funds), it was a tax squarely aimed at London. Some people say that the Europeans will pull out of London as a result, good luck with that it will make for splendid arbitrage if BNP deals out of Paris and Deutsche out of Frankfurt. Talk about history repeating itself does anyone remember the Euromarkets exist because the US imposed a withholding tax. As for us being excluded from the decision making table in Europe so what? The Eurozone has done so well this last decade. The stock markets rose, which continues to amuse me as I don't see the advantage in buying cash stock, from an analysts point of view they look cheap but once again price/earnings multiples are just numbers, sure the big corporations are cash rich right now but that is something that can change very quickly. The banks are still not lending to the corporate sector let alone the retail market, The commercial paper market is still thin so companies require cash fr day to day funding. I made a few shekels on a long position on the Dax 30, but could ave done much better. It is hard for me to trade a direction when I don't believe in the market should be moving that way - still prefer to make money than to be right. Just now I am looking for an entry point into gold futures. This is chancy because it may not go below seventeen hundred an ounce. Id ally would look to get in around sixteen hundred and exit at twenty one hundred. Still sometimes you have to screw your courage to the sticking place.


Still having trouble talking/dealing with the Stalker. Mostly I just wish she would leave me alone, I am in that place where no guy wishes to be - her project. Can't she just go and develop some property or something? Next year she plans to do another month of charity work and is looking at going to India to look after the poor children who work the rubbish dumps, can't come soon enough if you ask me - hope she doesn't expect me to come. I got a phone call from another ex girlfriend yesterday. This one is also a little crazed, (what is it about me and dysfunctional women)? She wants to see me to sort out a few unresolved issues, hope I don't owe her any money! and then the Lunatic rounded my evening off with a two hour skype call reasserting her demands that I agree to marry her before the end of the year. My life is not improved by all this female attention.

Today's music, my top five tracks:

Love is Strong - Rolling Stones. I was thinking about the Lunatic after her phone call, you know we met in really rather stupid circumstances in a city so far off the beaten track. We only went to her restaurant because the person I was with preferred the Chapatis to te one two doors before. The odd thing is I knew from the first moment I saw her we were going to have sex and didn't know our relationship would end up being so tortuous. It was quite odd because that afternoon I just decided to neglect going back to work and sat there talking to her. We were interrupted when a couple of guys who ran a surf business out on one of the Islands came in. She had been involved with one of the guys, he was younger and fitter than me but I recall the look of sadness in his eyes when she sat next to me instead of him. We were pretty much inseparable after that. Of course it ended badly, it always does.

The White Room - The KLF. A duo of producers that created their own mythology but good Scottish lads none the less. Groundbreaking in its time but now the template for modern recording. Reminds me of hot summers in the Mediterranean, back in the days before I cut myself off from most people. Think this album was number one on the last holiday I had with my younger brother.

La Tristesse Durera - Manic Street Preachers on Gold Against The Soul. The Manics have an underlying resentment and arrogance that really appeals to me.

Something Is Worrying Me - Otis, I love Otis, ok most people know him for one massive song but that's not so bad is it?. Music for a simpler time, when your concerns were lighter.

When The Levee Breaks - When it comes to over amped rock/blues its always Led Zeppelin, who else could it be? This is one of the finest. Reminds me of a rainy night in New Orleans what seems like a life time ago now, I was working for a Japanese bank and for some reason I can't quite remember ended up in the big easy. Think I was going through an Elvis thing and heading up to Memphis but New Orleans has a way of distracting you.


In case I don't see 'ya...good afternoon, good evening, and goodnight!

18 comments:

Kitty Moore said...

What is it that you do to these women? They all seem pretty intense! Are you just remarkably easy to fall in love with or are you only attracted to women who are a little unbalanced? Perhaps it's a combination of the two?

Toni said...

Must be the latter Kitty, my brother said to me only the other week if you look at any woman who has a screwed-up life there is always some asshole at the core of it, then I realised he was talking about me! I just feel I am something they have to get out of their system.

Anyway, more importantly, hope you are well despite the problems, love reading your blog, you really have taken your writing to a new level.

Anonymous said...

Hi Toni,
Been rather out of the loop recently so have just caught up on some blogs. Hope you have a good Christmas. I am back in the UK with the Irish rels!!!
We're hanging on in over here despite being bankrupt!! I have just made my contribution to the national economy by buying a Fiat Panda! Fingers crossed!!
All good wishes,
Bridget

Anonymous said...

Where you gone, Toni? Bridget

Anonymous said...

Are you still out there?!

Anonymous said...

Hi Toni, wondered if you were ok??
Bridget

Anonymous said...

buy Uanswnad [URL=http://www.christian--louboutin-outlet.org/]christian louboutin outlet [/URL] , just clicks away rADWyRqb [URL=http://www.christian--louboutin-outlet.org/ ] http://www.christian--louboutin-outlet.org/ [/URL]

Anonymous said...

buy best [URL=http://replicahandbags45.yolasite.com/]designer outlet[/URL] for less XXIPVgCI [URL=http://replicahandbags45.yolasite.com/ ] http://replicahandbags45.yolasite.com/ [/URL]

Anonymous said...

buy [URL=http://burberrytrenchcoat5.wordpress.com/]burberry online[/URL] for less ayvWRVIh [URL=http://burberrytrenchcoat5.wordpress.com/ ] http://burberrytrenchcoat5.wordpress.com/ [/URL]

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye. Thank you very much.

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye. Thank you very much.

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye. Thank you very much.

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye. Thank you very much.

Anonymous said...

just dropping by to say hi

Anonymous said...

John, are you still out there? Can I ask you some questions if so?

Anonymous said...

buy best gsPObqYN [URL=http://www.cheapdesigner--handbags.weebly.com/]designer inspired purses[/URL] for gift bLyBZhud [URL=http://www.cheapdesigner--handbags.weebly.com/ ] http://www.cheapdesigner--handbags.weebly.com/ [/URL]

Anonymous said...

I've been exploring for a little bit for any high-quality articles or weblog posts on this kind of house . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this website. Studying this info So i'm satiѕfieԁ to express thаt I have an
іncredibly good uncаnny feеling Ι discoveгed exaсtly what I
needеd. I so much inԁisрutably will mаkе certain to
don?t οmit this website and give it а look οn a constant bаѕis.


my site amazon

Anonymous said...

Basically fantastic publishing! I must say i loved browsing it, tonsil stone that you're a very good journalist.For certain i will make sure store your blog Satellite direct review but will often come home in the future. I need to persuade anyone continue a person's excellent blog posts, get a great holiday getaway penis advantage weekend break!