Thursday 8 December 2011

Still Alive???

Todays P&L: GBP 140.00

Todays Booze: 1 bottle of Tinto Pesquara 1994, 1 bottle of Piedra del Rayo

Todays Soundtrack: Music to help you remember

Its a dicey business trading in December. Most offices in the city are empty but despite the reluctance of our trader friends to make a decision the markets carry on. The Euro remains the problem. Can it be saved, should it be saved? As outsiders why do we care? Well I never thought it would work in the first place but as you may have noticed I am something of a pessimist. Chancellor Merkel thinks that fiscal integration is whats necessary and she is right. However easier said than done does anyone seriously think that Paris is going to be happy with the Germans dictating their budget or will the Netherlands or Italy? and who thinks that Germany will be assigned this role anyway just because they are the richest. so what then a committee, bet that works out well - talk about instant political deadlock, perhaps a revolving position, yes I can see Germany allowing Czech Republic to dictate its economy for a year. Sooner or later the Eurozone has to admit the dream is over, it will be easier now than later. The US continues to pump money into an ailing system, but there is no end to this. America is a remarkable economy but they have long passed the stage of financial reality. The American Dream is just that a dream. As the politicians focus on reelection the economy will coast on a tide of never ending cash, with the hope that one day America will replace the jobs flipping burgers and as nail technicians with real highly paid jobs.

I have been seeing the Stalker infrequently as she seems to hate me more and more. I don't mind, in fact I understand but I don't need the grief to be honest. Every now and then I have to point out that she was the one who sought me out after all these years and that I did warn her she was better off staying away as did all my family who she introduced herself too. Anyway she is telling me less and less about her own life, which I only regard as a good thing. The Lunatic keeps threatening to come and visit me, luckily she doesn't have my address. She has left Australia and is back in Jakarta and seems almost sane. My medical outlook seems bleak as ever although I have found out that my body repairs itself remarkably quickly and even ten days before an MRI I can get away with it. So predictably I go on the wagon ten days before any scans or blood tests. I am just feeling so continuously worn out and terribly cold, still worse things happen at sea.


Today's music, my top five tracks:

Need You Tonight - Lady Antebellum, this song is so nice, it reminds me of the Italian girl all those years ago when I was just Seventeen. I love songs when people expose themselves as in real life I am quite a guarded person

Nothing Compares To You - Sinead O'Conner. Written by Prince, I saw Prince perform this song at some concert - he was spectacular, shes good as well though. Its quite a bitter song about losing someone who means everything to you.

Never Tear Us Apart - A consistent favourite song of mine. You know, as I have found out, sometimes the passage of time doesn't dim the love between two people. People split up for any number of reasons, often they are the wrong ones.

Soul Survivor - Rolling Stones, Exile On Main Street. Not much to say about why I like this song, we all get ground down sometimes but despite it all we keep on fighting.

On The Beach - Chris Rea, I may not seem like the beach type and I certainly am not. I have spent a lot of time in the tropics and even have a house somewhere down in Spain but I prefer the beach at night. In one bank I worked I was nicknamed the Prince of Darkness because of my reluctance to go out in daylight. I think this song is about regret all that "take me back, to the place that I know" I can understand that.


In case I don't see 'ya...good afternoon, good evening, and goodnight!

2 comments:

Kitty Moore said...

Never Tear Us Apart makes me cry but then again everything seems to make me cry again at the moment.

Thanks for the visit x

Unknown said...

Hi Toni,
Nice to hear from you! Yes, you are right--I would take Spain over most places in a heartbeat. Never Tear us Apart is a beautiful song! All of today's (or were they yesterday's?) songs are, but I especially love that one.

Anyway, if I were writing this story, I'd move you and the stalker into a nice beach house with a giant hammock and endless pitchers of sangria. She'd be a featured guest writer on your blog and would post stories funny stories about how the two of you met.

You'd get a book deal and the book would be made into a movie--a hit romantic comedy starring?? I have no idea.

Of course, it's your story.
Happy Friday!