Thursday 22 October 2009

Thursdays P&L: GBP390.00

Thursdays Booze: Last bottle of Chateau de Beaucastel 2000, 8 cans of Kronenbourg 1664

What to think about today? The markets still defy reason. After taking a fairly severe beating on some index shorts I had, I am taking money where I can find it, just to try and rebuild some capital. I am sure in the long-run I will be right, but trading isn't about being right - its a business and timing is everything.

Here in the UK we have one of our crazy right wing nationalists appearing on the tv tonight. I will be interested in hearing what the old crackpot has to say. My girlfriend is a foreigner who just happens to have come from a fairly wealthy background. Having said that she has never shied away from an honest days work in her life and has donated far more to charity, (in this country and abroad), than I ever have. I would be prepared to bet loads of money that she has donated more in charity and time to the underprivileged in this country than Nick Griffin ever has. So is she welcome because she contributes? if that is the case then the man is more hypocritical than I thought. I do believe that the BNP in this country is a bit of a sideshow, something to take our minds of the true dismal situation and corruption. You just have to look at the protesters on Sky tv. Some of them clearly don't know if they are protesting against racism or climate change or globalization. One things for sure they all have that smug self-satisfied look of people who have never endured hardship but are willing to cry on someones shoulder about other peoples situation. I only have to see the red dyed hair and nasal piercing to tune out before someone tells me about the terrible situation in Nepal or in Burma.

No comments: