Saturday 31 July 2010

Forgiven Not Forgotten

Yesterdayss P&L: GBP 520.00

Yesterdays Booze: 1 750cl bottle of Smirnoff Vodka, 3 pints of Kronenbourg 1664

Yesterdays Soundtrack: Local Hero

So made a few quid yesterday but still no consistency in my earnings. I wouldn't mind accepting a low wage of five or six hundred a day if I could at least get some regular income, just now its always one step forward two steps back. Mind you that isn't enough money if I have to fulfil the bucket list and definitely not if I have to bring the Stalker along, although that may be a moot point as she is back in hospital. I am fairly confident she will get through this latest set-back, I know what a tough girl she can be. It is worrying though, her hospital visits have recently become more frequent. Seems like one or the other of us has been in hospital most of this year so far.

Listened mostly to the soundtrack from Local Hero yesterday. I am a city boy and would probably be miserable in a small village like the one in that movie but sometimes it seems so attractive to be in a place like that. The Stalker sees all this beauty in the world that I don't even notice - maybe one day I will realise what I am missing.


In case I don't see 'ya...good afternoon, good evening, and goodnight!

4 comments:

Little Miss Angry said...

i know that feeling...wondering how life would be in a small village. simpler..or something. it's a weird longing. i get it too whenever i drive past one of these places as you would know are plenty here at just the outskirts of kl.

Anonymous said...

Dear Tony,
I hope your girlfriend feels better soon. Maybe you could just plan to do one or two things on the bucket list together?
All good wishes from Italy,
Euro Anon

Toni said...

miss angry, I still have a soft spot for KL even though it has grown so much but I miss Port Klang and also Penang, which used to be my respite from the chaos and madness of Sumatra - hope you are well.

Euro Anon, when are you going to set up a blog? you don't have to write anything it would just be easier to keep in touch. Although I for one would love to know why you are in Italia and how you find life.

Anonymous said...

Dear Tony,
You are right about the blog -I'm a bit Internet-shy but have just set up the following if you want to pass by and say hello: teaanddigestives.blogspot.com
I came here for the first time fifteen years ago, then went back to England thinking I should get myself a 'proper' job, and made myself thoroughly miserable. Fortunately, I was offered a job here five years ago. I came back and that was it - I love it, am happy, love the people, climate, country etc. The Italians can be maddening but they have a warmth and humanity which is really fabulous. About the only thing I miss is proper tea and digestives- hence the title of the blog!
I have been really struck by the honesty of your blog since I found it and I follow you regularly. I'll try and bulk mine out a bit more too over the coming weeks once I get over my internet-shyness!
With all good wishes to you and your girlfriend. I hope she feels a bit better soon.
Euro Anon (well, not so Anon now!)