Monday 30 August 2010

Ruthless People

Today's P&L: GBP 0.00

Today's Booze: 3 bottles of rioja

Today's Soundtrack: Motown

My blogging assignment has made me think about sex and my attitude to it. So I thought I'd give some more insight without being tawdry. Recently I have only been having sex with one girl, in fact, with a few exceptions I have been a serial monogamist all my life. Sex with her is a slightly unnerving experience she is very passionate and as she is quite strong she takes some controlling. As she is grinding away, she often seems lost to the world. She is easily pleased however and often seems to be climaxing as soon as we start. She is remarkably easy to make love to, I guess some people just fit together. Our bodies are older and more worn out but just seem so right with each other. She seems to enter some kind of dreamtime state but then we have a brief period of lucidity where she tells me how much she hates me, this is fun. Generally after forty to fifty minutes she is worn out and she lies there looking very pleased with herself. If I am lucky I can normally get three or four hours of peace before she starts telling me how she would reorganize my life. All in all sex with her is very satisfying even after all this time although it isn't a hearts and flowers kind of experience it is hot and sweaty. So what I said in my blogging Santa post isn't completely accurate in the case of the Stalker.

Tried trading today with a small short position on the DOW30. Didn't really do me any good and returned to exactly the place I sold at by the end of the trading session. Days like this happen often in the summer.

Today I was listening to more sweet, sweet Motown. The top five songs I listened to:

Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone - A great song for guys to feel sorry for themselves to.

Night Shift - A lot of people didn't like the Commodores after Lionel left but I think this is one of their best ever tracks. A bit of a homage to the motown greats but a good song in its own right. Reminds me that nothing lasts forever.

At Last - Etta James, great song Etta was a little nuts but who isn't? Its one of those songs I listen to in a dodgy bar. The stalker likes this kind of music as well.

Heard it on the Grapevine - Marvin, what a classic - this guy had a great voice and this song has the brooding jealousy that most men have felt, usually when they begin to suspect the woman has decided the relationship is over. If Marvin told us anything it is not to tell your father what you really think of him.

Sir Duke - Little Stevie Wonder, such a celebratory song. Stevie started composing when he was about six. So how come he turned out ok with his disability and Wacko Jacko was so tortured? Not my usual taste doesn't give me the chance to brood and look tragic, but a real feel good track.

In case I don't see 'ya...good afternoon, good evening, and goodnight!

6 comments:

Era said...

Loving the music.

Anonymous said...

Dear Toni,
I'm back from holidays. Just read your new posts- wow! I find it hard to write about going to the shops! Some thoughtful stuff, though. Hope you and your girlfriend are ok.
All good wishes,
Bridget/Euro Anon

Unknown said...

Great music! Aint no sunshine is one of those songs I've never tired of. I guess you're right and it may be the theme song to every guy’s pity party, but I still love it. Etta James can do no wrong.
xoxo

Toni said...

Thanks ladies, writing about my sex life does not come very easily to me. Its not that I am a prude, just thatI don't want to come across as even more of an asshole than I already do. Glad you all like the music, I feel I have quite diverse tastes but am finding myself drawn to older music. Obviously when I was in a band I wanted to be a pop star so we were very eighties - I'd love to find one of the old demo tapes we did. For such a latina/gypsy lesinfin you have the blues in your heart, but I guess we all do. Era welcome glad you like the music. Anonymous, I am am allright and the Stalker is doing ok as well just going off the rails a little - hope you had a great holiday.

Anonymous said...

A serial monogamist... that's great. LOL

AV

Little Miss Angry said...

lol. she says she hates you, you like it. toni, toni..:)