Sunday 12 September 2010

Under Attack

Today's P&L: No trading

Today's Booze: just a half litre of Vodka - trying to cool it

Today's Soundtrack: Random

Still not trading, I am in need of a cash injection, it isn't cheap living out here - almost as bad as central London. I have had more bad news, my parents are returning, which means one of my brothers needs their help but I have to put them up and if that wasn't bad enough, the Stalker returns from Spain today so she is bound to turn up and I am going to disappoint her. She won't be pleased when she sees my latest injury as she will assume it is the result of drunken misadventure. I have no idea how to deal with the Stalker, she isn't afraid of me at all, even the Lunatic was wary of pushing me too far although she knew I am not the kind of man to hit a woman. All in all I have been pretty restrained when it comes to women, the Stalker has blacked my eye and the Lunatic has broken my nose. The stalker is a black belt so she has to be careful to pull her punches but the Lunatic hit me when I was asleep, how stupid was that? We were in a war zone at the time she is lucky I didn't kill her. I can't help thinking relationships shouldn't involve getting out of town alive and having a certain amount of fear - maybe I am just old fashioned.

Christ knows what my mother is going to make of my latest injury, she already has said I gave you a fantastic body and look what you have done with it - maybe she will be distracted by my fancy artwork. She is right though my body was remarkable and now I am a broken man, I remember going to Gieves & Hawkes for a few suits and they measured me up and the guy said "was it swimming or boxing sir". I still look alright though as long as you don't look too hard. so its going to be a night of recriminations, fights and nasty sex for me - The stalker will still demand sex, no matter how angry she is with me - I really am getting to old for all this.

Today the music was eighties:

The Night you Murdered Love - ABC classic, maybe I listened to this because of the impending arrival of the Stalker. ABC were so impossibly slick and Martin Fry even got away with a gold lame suit which is strictly Elvis territory.

Two out of Three Ain't Bad - Was Meatloaf eighties or Seventies? Anyway this song is beautiful reminds me that you can't find treasure everywhere, and that goes for trading as well as love.

Video Killed The Radio Star - Before MP3 killed CD, I don't know if this is song is about the progress of technology, but to me its about thinking about times gone by. Remember when you were a child and you played in the street or the fields with your friends, your best friend, your first crush? Then you start growing up and lose some of that innocence.

It's In The Way That You Use It - From August, one of Eric Claptons least popular albums, although I rather liked it. This song is more known because of its inclusion in the wildly underrated movie, The Colour Of Money. OK Tom Cruise was annoying as Vince but any move that has Paul Newman as Fast Eddie Felson is all right by me. For me this song is when your on the top, cresting, but just on the edge - ready to be knocked off your perch any time. I don't know if girls have that feeling, you know the one - when you get a date with the prettiest girl at school, when you win something when everyone said you couldn't do it. When you beat the odds. No feeling like it.

Livin' On The Edge Of The Night - Iggy Pop singing, I like to think, about me. "Maybe I know some people, Maybe I break some rules, But this is the street, I've got to compete, Baby, I ain't no fool". This song is very clean for Iggy Pop, but there is a feeling of wilful self destruction that just appeals to me. "Every wild desire, Beckons from the dark. I've made my bed but I can't rest my head, While I still swim with sharks, Everyone needs something. Sometimes they don't know why, But so much good's been misunderstood, in the blink of the eye"

In case I don't see 'ya...good afternoon, good evening, and goodnight!

4 comments:

Little Miss Angry said...

i would do anything for love.. but i won't do that.. i used to wonder what 'that' meant for the longest time. think i was 12 when i heard the song. only know 2 meat loaf songs.

sounds like you're gonna have quite a bit to deal with.. mum and stalker. good luck toni ;)

Toni said...

Thanks Little Miss, however I have new developments re the Stalker. You really should check out two out of three ain't bad. Its a classic song "baby we can talk all night, but that ain't getting us nowhere".

Hills said...

Well my, my, it seems we're all faced with ... strange preferences.

Black eyes and a broken nose?

All I had to do was spank mine with a riding crop a few times and he was happy.

(But I didn't enjoy that part, really. Never been too keen on pain when pleasure is supposed to be the order of the day.)

Best luck, my friend, and do keep up posted.

If you can see through your swollen cheekbone, that is. ;-)

- B x

Toni said...

Barreness, Its not like I wanted them to hit me. The Stalker just gets angry sometimes and the Lunatic was, well she was just psychotic at times. She had almost as many scars as I do - difference is almost all of hers were self-inflicted. She used to get into such intense rages that I guess that was her only way of expressing herself. and she didn't do things by half, the first time she slashed her leg it was straight across the artery.