Saturday 18 September 2010

The World Ain't Been The Same

Fridays P&L: GBP 110.00

Fridays Booze: 1 bottle of Tinto Pesqura 1994, 4 pints of Stella Artois, 3 pints of Aspinall's cider

Fridays Soundtrack: Rock Music


Took my first tentative steps back into trading, after all what else can I do? Its going to take a lot of days earning this little to make up my last loss. I made some money on a small short on the FTSE100 and then just watched the market as it climbed, this is why I hate trading on a Friday. The equity indexes are still operating in cloud cuckoo land so I should probably leave them alone as I cannot believe they should be so high, anyway the action recently has been taking place on the currency markets. Japan's intervention in the markets in Wednesday was really no solution the Yen continues to look strong, not because Japan is any stronger than Europe or America but because global interest rates are so low that any yield pick-up by being in other currencies is negligible. Gold as usual is benefiting. The desk traders should be back at work by now, following the summer quiet period which should give a few months of activity before the Christmas slow season starts. Lets see if I can recover from what seems a hopeless situation.

I have inadvertently given the Stalker her perfect easy escape route by responding to a facebook request from the Lunatic. Facebook is truly the invention of the devil. Not really knowing anything about these type of sites, I had no idea that everyone else can see your conversations on that site, so she has already phoned me to express her anger. Women are so odd, it is clear to me that she wants to end the relationship, yet she remains extremely jealous. She definitely views herself as an alpha female and even if she doesn't want something she doesn't want any other woman to have it.

Fridays music was various rock and roll tracks, (I have had enough heartache music recently):

Woke Up This Morning - The music from the Sopranos. "Born under a bad sign", maybe that was me, both my grandmothers had nothing good to say about me, actually that is putting it mildly - my maternal grandmother described me as the spawn of Satan, I was six years old. I wonder what I did that was so bad to them. This song was a big hit because of the huge popularity of the tv program, but its an excellent song in its own right - in fact the whole album is cool the other track I listen to a lot is Mao Tse Tung Said, I have always enjoyed flirting with totalitarianism.

Solsbury Hill - This is a very joyous track. Peter Gabriel is another artist who is a bit mad. He is very involved in social causes though, without being as cringe inducing as Bono or Sting. It's easy for someone like me, who has never done anything worthwhile to knock these guys. This song reminds me of a day when just about everything went right. I was about seventeen and its all I could do to stop myself punching the air.

You Could Be Mine - Guns and Roses, just before they imploded. Axl Rose is certainly not operating with a full deck of cards, OK they made it to the big leagues but they didn't stick around long. I sometimes wonder how bands like The Stones can keep going year after year at the highest level and yet other bands rip themselves apart after a short period. This song reminds me of a demanding woman, I have known a few of them.

Hit Me With Your Best Shot - Anyone remember Pat Benetar. I imagine she is like some housewife now, but who knows - like Chrissy Hynde she was an authentic rock chick. This song is from the album called Crimes of Passion - my kind of title. This song has all the attitude that should be in rock, it doesn't matter if it doesn't make you strut. Sometimes I forget I am forty and still think I am fifteen.

In The Evening - The mighty Led Zep, this song has all the usual mix problems that Led Zep records have, (a lot of their songs have dated so badly because of the mix - God knows what they were using for monitors back then). But it's Zep and its another killer riff from Jimmy Page, Even the Stones can't match these guys for decadence. This song is dark, but in a good way - goes well with heavy drinking.


In case I don't see 'ya...good afternoon, good evening, and goodnight!

3 comments:

Little Miss Angry said...

ha ha. i'm like that too. i don't want it but i don't want anyone else to have it either. i try to be big about these things and not drama over it, but it's hardwork :p

Unknown said...

Of course I remember Pat Benetar! She's probably on facebook now, lol. xoxo

Kitty Moore said...

Hey Toni - I'm back after a long leave of absence - things seem to have changed somewhat since my last visit - I'll read back.