Friday 26 February 2010

Its Just a Flesh Wound

Todays P&L: GBP 0.00

Todays Booze: I don't want to say I would give my right leg for a drink, but...

Todays soundtrack: The rheumy coughs, snores and grunts from my fellow inmates


Well, after hoping my latest leg injury would "just go away", I finally had to admit defeat and jumped in a cab to the local hospital. Needless to say they incarcerated me quicker than an Indonesian Kopassus officer that you forgot to give "tea money to". After deciding I didn't have some bizarre flesh eating disease, they decided to take me down to surgery and appear to have lopped off half my right calf. I am currently awaiting the plastic surgery team to decide when they are going to give me a skin graft. Seems this is going to be a far more visible scar than the myriad little scars and nicks that decorate my body. As I don't know what caused the rather disgusting infection, (think cabin fever), I shall have to make up a story to go with it. The problem is my life is already so weird that I don't normally make up stories to impress the girls, (why else would God have given us mouths if not to tell lies to girls)? I was thinking of telling everyone I was attacked by a man-eating shark while surfing in Australia, but everyone knows I have never been to Australia and that my almost permanent garb of a black linen/cashmere suit is not ideal surfing kit.

A few kind readers have recently commented on helping me out of my manic depressive mood, thanks to everyone who was concerned. Oddly I don't regard myself as a depressed person. I have a sort of studied gloominess, but I have seen enough crap lives in this world to not really wallow in self-pity, well apart from when I am drunk and listening to my favourite sad songs. I definitely come from the, "straighten up and fly right", sort of background. My parents have never heard of things such as bi-polar disorder and would certainly regard it as voodoo psychology. as I have said in the past, this blog is possibly the only place I would reveal my true feelings, although I once told some of my life story to someone sitting next to me in a bar - it probably doesn't count as it was a stuffed Gorilla. So anyway to anyone who was concerned about my whining - don't worry, I will be hopping out of this "institution" soon enough and back to my usual self.

So I missed a weeks trading, probably just as well, although annoyingly I had called it pretty right. The Euro is now being targeted by the mega hedge funds who are taking bets through the options markets. They seem to think a one for one parity with the dollar is on the cards and I can't disagree. Although I am more negative, in my opinion if a member of the Euro zone defaults on its debt. Then the whole Euro project could go up in flames. The pound should be gaining on this but our own bad finances and the political comedy we currently enjoy are putting paid to that. Perhaps I am just really insensitive but the idea of civil servants being bullied by Gordon Brown seems pathetic to me. I am all for stopping little kids being bullied at school but phoning a help line when your a grown up and saying my boss is picking on me seems a little wet. Maybe the working environment I used to enjoy encouraged it so much that it was unnoticeable. You do sometimes hear about bullying in the workplace but it is usually close to the words "constructive dismissal" and "out of court settlement".

6 comments:

Kim Tham said...

I still have no idea what is it with guys and doctors.....hmmmm

Toni said...

Kim, I hate doctors and dentists. In my case its not a macho thing. I hate dentists after a bad experience in Cambodia. I had a broken tooth and went to a dentist. I was feeling quite good about the whole thing as he had two very attractive dental assistants until he said something in Cambodian, the girls got me in a neck and arm lock pinned me to the chair and the bastard put what looked like a automobile monkey wrench into my mouth clamped it around my tooth and pulled as hard as he could. It was agony and I thought my whole skull was going to be pulled out of my mouth. As for doctors, they never seem to do anything good for me, they rarely agree then act as if they can work miracles. Considering they haven't even found a cure for athletes foot, I am not holding my breath for a cure for cancer of HIV.

Hope you are doing ok, keep up the good fight.

Kitty Moore said...

Hey Toni - I've missed you! How odd to miss someone you have never met..but then I've always been a little different.

Do you wear a suit at home too?

Kitty x

The Girl said...

The man-eating shark story would certainly get my attention.

Anonymous said...

Take your time to recuperate Toni. Be looked after for a while.
Regards,
John

Anonymous said...

Hi Toni,
I would send my mum round to attend to you as she is a physio only last time I was in her clinic an old irish guy came out of the cubicle saying. 'Ah, your mother, she's a terrible woman...' so maybe not!
Hope you are getting lots of rest and relaxation.
All good wishes,
Euro Anon