Monday 14 December 2009

Its Never Better To Be Safe Than Sorry

Today's P&L: GBP- 920.00

Today's Booze: 4 pints of Kronenbourg 1664, 2 bottles of cheap red wine, 2 large Remy Martin XO

I wonder who came up with the saying "better to be safe than sorry", Christ they must have had the most boring life ever, (or perhaps the best life ever and were speaking from personal experience). After all this time I still crave risk, not in some wank extreme sports way. I have nothing against that kind of thing but most of the people involved are such twats. If I climbed a mountain and was asked why I did it, I wouldn't say "because it was there" I would be more likely to say "to see what everything else looked like from up there". I am sure it is immensely satisfying to do something like that but what grates is the way those guys look down on other people. Like only a mountain climber/surfer/bungee jumper/sky diver can really understand. I am sure only an f-15 fighter pilot can understand what its like to smart bomb a building in Iraq, but that's another experience I can live without.

I have had plenty of adrenaline moments in my life, mostly involving firearms and me hightailing it out of there as quick as humanly possible. I suppose I have taken a few too many chances in my life, but how much is too many? I feel sorry for those that never have a chance, my ex works in a hospital and says that often as soon as the kids some in, they know they have three maybe six months. I can't imagine anything worse, never lived, never likely to. What is the purpose?

3 comments:

Kitty Moore said...

That is very true - my risk taking involves a much lower likelihood of permanent damage now that I am older but I couldn't live my life without taking risks of some kind.

Toni said...

Thanks for the comment Kitty, by the way your blog is absolutely fantastic. I am broken down and clapped out now, but still love the rush of excitement that comes with real danger. I hope I never end up in jail in Nigeria, Laos or Medan again - the catering is crap! And I can do without ever having a gun held to my head again, but there has to be some fun to be had in this world.

Unknown said...

So true. Those who risk nothing die without ever having lived.
Great post!