Tuesday 1 December 2009

Year Zero

Tuesdays P&L: GBP - 1,030.00

Tuesdays Booze: 1 liter of Stolychnaya Vodka, 6 pint cans of Stella Artois.

So I am back on the grog, my doctor will be displeased. Who cares, I am not in the business of pleasing people. Anyway this weather is playing havoc with my joints, whats wrong with a bit of self-medication?

Today I started bleeding out of my eye sockets. It isn't too serious. A year or so ago I tripped over in Barcelona and fractured by face. Just bad luck as I landed on a kerb and broke my skull from between my eyes to the top of my jaw. Of course being me I didn't go to the hospital. Anyway due to an ongoing bone problem none of my bones ever set properly. Hence the blood coming out my eyes - scared the fuck out of the neighbours kids though.

Another ex girlfriend got in touch with me today. I am not sure why all my ex girlfriends assume I am some back up boyfriend they can get in touch with after their relationships with whoever they left me for fail. This one is the maddest of them all, (which in the rogues gallery of my girlfriends is saying something). This one was also the most fun of all of them and was dynamite in bed, even for a jaded old fool like myself. What is it about crazy women that they are good in bed?

As far as the working day goes I am running a big loss on a short DAX position, I shan't close it out as I still think the market is overvalued. It is partially offset by a long gold trade. The current correlation between the dollar and gold price is beneficial for US equities and the other indexes follow the S&P500 like I follow a barmaid. If this starts to beakdown I will look to short equities rather than close out my gold trade. There are no currencies backed by gold but I spent long enough in Asia, Africa and South America to see that can happen to paper money. The Year Zero reference relates to Cambodia. I first visited there in 1987. I remember buying a stack of worthless Riels from the old regime for about 10 Thai baht. A friend of mine collected banknotes so I got them for him. In Indonesia in 97 the currency fell so quickly that people just didn't know what to price things at. Its happened several times in Brazil. People always say, oh there will never be hyperinflation again but it happens in smaller countries more often than you would know. Thats why most Asians like to keep some real gold. You can buy 22 or 24k gold blocks in lots of places in Bangkok or Jakarta

No comments: