Friday 18 June 2010

Everybody Pays - Sooner Or Later

Yesterdays P&L: GBP 0.00

Yesterdays Booze: No grog in hospital

Yesterdayss Soundtrack: Not much music either but I have my laptop and listned mostly to The Stones and Led Zep.

You know, I hate this shit. I really hate being in hospital. Don't get me wrong the UK is the best country in the world to get sick in but all this being pushed around, bullied by nurses, prodded by student doctors - I hate this shit. First I had my ultrasound scan, Christ I don't know this woman she looks around my age. I hope I didn't screw her daughter because she pushed that fucking scan thing so deep into my stomach I thought it would come out my ass. Then I got moved between two wards for no apparant reason apart from finding me a ward with the most moaning, screwed up patients on it. First one was ok, but the second one was like being moved to a housing scheme where all your neighbours are senior citizen crackheads with asbos. I am going to request to go to the morgue - at least its quiet there.

At least i'll be out very soon, the shortage of available livers is so high that there is no way I can even be considered for a while. Maybe I deserve all this, The Princess used to say "You are unkind" every now and again to me and she wasn't wrong I was never a good hearted person. You grow up alone enough and you develop a certain "me angainst the world mentality". That doesn't explain my continuing inability to show emotion, at this point I should understand the need for emotional support more than most.

They say a man discovers himself at the worst of times, but I don't believe that. People give up. This world grinds most of us down, we don't know it, but its happening. Our latest government tells us that in order to restore fiscal responsibility we are all going to have to shoulder our share of the burden. It's not like British people haven't heard this before. In The First World War, The Great Depression and The Second World War we were told to carry our share. I doubt many people saw any relatives of David Cameron going over the top in the trenches. As usual, The British government really means you will have to bear the burden. Fair enough, spin out the old blitz spirit speech again but the politicians should know by now that if you expect joe public to fight, then he has to have something to believe in. When I watch television programs about world war two, it almost seems that everyone knew they were fighting against the evil despot and his final solution, but that wasn't the case. The great and the good knew all about the holocaust but the ordinary people didn't. The economic disaster the government is manoveuring us into is another blind ally, although without the tragic loss of life, (mind you the rationale for the final solution, dodgy eugenics aside was the destroyed economy of Germany). People don't understand why we are facing hard times, and when they really bite, they will look for someone to blame.


In case I don't see 'ya...good afternoon, good evening, and goodnight!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Toni, thank you for your beautiful words on my post today. You are inspiring, even from the hospital. Sorry to hear about your scan.

Here is a song for you:

Joey, baby,
Don’t get crazy,
Detours, Fences,
I get defensive.

I know you've heard it all before
so I don't say it anymore
I just stand by and let you fight your secret war.
And though I used to wonder why,
I used to cry till I was dry,
Still sometimes I get a strange pain inside

Oh, Joey, if you're hurtin’ so am I.

Joey, honey
I got the money,
All is forgiven,
Listen, listen.

And if I seem to be confused
I didn't mean to be with you.
And when you said I scared you,
well I guess you scared me too.
But we got lucky once before
And I don't wanna close the door.
And if you're somewhere out there
passed out on the floor.

Oh Joey, I'm not angry anymore.

and if I seem to be confused
I didn't mean to be with you.
and when you said I scared you,
well I guess you scared me too.
But if its love you're looking for
Then i can give a little more
And if you're somewhere drunk and
passed out on the floor.

Oh Joey, I'm not angry anymore.


Joey, Concrete Blonde
xoxo